It has been quite some time since I have posted an update – has been a very busy few months out at a new client. Faced with some down time during the holiday season and two weeks to myself it was time to revamp the blog, get some hosting, a domain and update the old content.
New name, new content
In the spirit of revamping, I’ve renamed the blog to ‘Business Analysed (‘Analyzed’ if your from North America) to reflect the true domain of the blog, rather than SharePoint focus it once had. This will result in a slight decrease in traffic due to name and domain name change, but a redirect on the old site should help alleviate some of that load and build the numbers back up.
Updated Axure Content
A popular request in comments and emails has been to update the AJAX autocomplete widget which I made for Axure RP (a popular wireframing/prototyping tool) a year or so back. I have finally managed to source the necessary source files and time to update the widget to latest release 6.x and incorporate some of the feature requests/kinks from the v2 release.
Post can be found here: http://www.hamishking.com/2010/01/29/updated-ajax-style-autocomplete-v2-rplib-available-for-download/
Time permitting I may get to release the Axure lightbox widget also, but that post was intended to be informative rather than a packaged widget, but taking reader advice on that.
Post can be found here: http://www.hamishking.com/2010/01/28/replicating-ajax-style-lightbox-within-axure-prototypes/
More Axure content can be found here: http://www.hamishking.com/category/axure-rp/
Themes (and their progress)
Lastly, I am also updating the look of Business Analysed to complete the full site revamp, but have yet to settle on a definite look and am contemplating designing from scratch. During the next few days the appearance may change between visits as I refine the display – so apologies in advance for this.
Otherwise, expect to see some new posts here soon and perhaps a leak about my upcoming side project.